Iron Gate AB released the 0.147.3 update for PC on March 2, 2021. The newest 0.147.3 update features a number of major changes to the way that dedicated servers work as they will now always use direct connections instead of using Steam Datagram Relay (SDR). Iron Gate AB believe that this change should see a much lower latency for most players.
Additionally, private dedicated servers can also be enabled by pressing “-public 0” to the sever command line, and can join private dedicated servers using the “Join IP” button. That’s not all, as along with these changes players can also find a series of small changes to picking up items when using portals and even lowering the chances of boss trophies talking.
You can find the official Patch Notes for the 0.147.3 update on Valheim’s official Steam page here.
Update 0.147.3 Patch Notes
- Localization updates
- Made Haldor head-turn smoother
- Object network interpolation is skipped if object was far away, solved issue with network players flying through the air when entering dungeons & exiting portals etc
- Added -public 1/0 flag to dedicated server again, Allows players to host local lan only servers
- Join IP-button updated to allow for lan-connections (dedicated servers only) & added DNS support
- Dedicated servers use directIP connection instead of SDR, solves issues with slow steam relays in some areas of the world
- Bonemass puke-effect network fix
- Updated Dedicated-server PDF manual
- Prevent pickup items when entering portals
- Lowered wolf procreation slightly
- Lowered chance of boss trophy talking