As part of the February 25th update to Animal Crossing New Horizons, new Super Mario themed items are now available for purchase starting on March 1st. This page includes information on how to use the Pipe items as warp pipes to get around your island faster.
Among the items, you can purchase the Pipe for 5,000, and you should purchase at least 2 or more of these items. Please remember that items bought from the Nook Stop take a day to get mailed to your home. Note that they cannot be customized on your workbench, and only come in green.
Once the items have been mailed, you can place a warp pipe anywhere you like on your island. However, if you place at least 2 in different spots on your island, you can press A when facing a pipe to jump into it, and you will appear at the other pipe, creating a fast travel spot to quickly move about your island.
You can also place more than 2 warp pipes along your island to connect multiple points of interest, but the pipe you come out of will be random, so place them carefully. Consider placing them where you generally like to travel over the course of the day – like your home, the Nookling shop, the airport, or the beach!
Beyond the ability to move from one place to another, there are lots of clever ways and easily missed features about the warp pipe you can take advantage of:
- You can even warp pipes almost anywhere – on the beach, the rocks, at sea level, or on the highest parts of your island.
- You can even place warp pipes in your home, allowing you quick access to your home’s storage!
- Warp pipes don’t come in pairs – each warp pipe will send you to another random warp pipe on the island (or nowhere at all if it’s the only one). The more pipes you have on your island, the less likely you’ll end up at a specific destination on your first try.
- Warp pipes leading in or out of your home will trigger a brief load screen, keep this in mind if you want to move about your island quickly.
- Pipes also work the same in multiplayer mode, though they cannot be moved during online play.
- If the exit of your warp pipe is blocked by other items or buildings, you will reappear back at the one you entered.
- You can jump into warp pipes if they are placed on a level below your current position. This also means you can exit a warp pipe and automatically jump up to the level above the pipe.
- Since you can jump down into warp pipes, you can use your island terraforming to “bury” a pipe with raised ground all around it, and it will still work just the same!
- You can utilize the warp pipe along with terraforming rivers to create private mini-islands that can’t be accessed by vaulting poles, and only reached by warp pipes.