Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury has gotten a new overview trailer, which reveals a number of new details, including a Snapshot photo mode, and details on how Fury Bowser is a timed event in the new spin-off adventure.
You can check out the trailer below, or read on for all the new details.
Super Mario 3D World Snapshot Mode
- Super Mario 3D World now includes a version of Super Mario Odyssey’s Snapshot Mode, which allows you to freeze time, adjust the image, and change filters.
- Collectible stamps – previously used for the Wii U Miiverse – are now usable in Snapshot mode, and can be applied to walls in your shots.
Bowser’s Fury: New Details
- Bowser’s Fury, a full spin-off adventure, takes place in a kingdom of cats, Lake Lapcat, featuring cat-themed enemies, architecture and more.
- You’re tasked with collecting Cat Shines spread across the kingdom.
- Bowser Jr. will appear for solo players, aiding the player, but can be controlled by a co-op partner. It’s not clear if online co-op is supported.
- After ‘a certain amount of time’ playing in Lake Lapcat, the gigantic Fury Bowser will appear, dropping from the sky and changing the weather.
- Fury Bowser’s appearance sees spikes falling from the sky and changing the terrain.
- Fury Bowser will attack players using powers that can destroy cover.
- After an unspecified amount of time, Fury Bowser will retreat, returning Lake Lapcat to normal for a time.
- Collecting enough Cat Shines will allow you to pick up the Giga Bell power-up, turning Mario into the kaiju-sized Cat Mario we saw in yesterday’s trailer.
- In Super Mario 3D World, When used, the Cat Mario amiibo will summon an invincible White Cat Mario power-up.
- In Super Mario 3D World, the Cat Peach amiibo summons a random power-up.
- In Bowser’s Fury, we know both the Bowser and Bowser Jr. amiibo will cause power-ups. It’s not clear yet what they’ll specifically do, but we’ve seen Mario transform into an invulnerable statue version of Cat Mario, also earning coins.
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=mario-3d-world-bowsers-fury-screenshots&captions=true”]
We awarded the Wii U version of Super Mario 3D World a 9.6/10 in our review, saying it’s “marvelous, and its constant variety and fantastic light-hearted co-op play proves that Nintendo still knows exactly how to tweak the Mario formula in fun ways.”