This page explains how to change your clothes in Cyberpunk 2077 and breaks down a few other notable features that can help you with your build.
How to Change Your Clothes in Cyberpunk 2077
Clothes in Cyberpunk 2077 come in a variety of rarities, and provide you with armor and sometimes even some status buffs. To keep V’s stats up, you’ll be frequently swapping out their clothes for better ones throughout their journey through Night City. If you’re unsure how to do it, here are detailed instructions on how to change your clothes in Cyberpunk 2077:
- Press “I” or the “Options” button on your controller to open the menu.
- Navigate to the “Inventory” tab.
- On the right-hand side, there are categories such as “Head”, “Upper Body”, “Lower Body”, and “Special”.
- Click on the categories to browse the options you currently have for them.
- Hover over an item to see its stats and how it compares to the item you currently have equipped.
- To equip an article of clothing, simply click on it.
- To unequp an article of clothing, press the mouse scroll button or triangle/y button on your controller.
How to Apply Mods to Clothes in Cyberpunk 2077
There are articles of clothing in Cyberpunk 2077 that allow you to apply mods to them. This is indicated by very small grey circles positioned on the top-left of the icon for the item within the “Inventory” tab in the menu. If you intend to apply mods to a piece of clothing, make sure this is a piece of clothing you intend to wear or are already wearing because, as the disclaimer says below, you can only use clothing mods once.
You can only use a mod once. If you try to equip another in its place, that mod will be permanently discarded.
- Equip the item you want to apply the mod to.
- While in the menu where you equipped that item, click on an available mod slot.
- If you have clothing mods, you can hover over them to see exactly what they do.
- Simply click on the mod to apply it.
“Special” Clothing Sets in Cyberpunk 2077 Explained
Let’s face it. In Cyberpunk 2077, we all start off looking pretty basic. And while you’ll quickly find clothing options scattered throughout Night City, these pieces seldom work together in a way that fits the refined netrunner aesthetic you’re probably trying to achieve.
That’s where Clothing Sets come in. Under the “Inventory” tab in the menu, there’s a category labeled “Special”. This is where all the clothing sets you find in Cyberpunk 2077 will get put.
Clothing Sets are purely superficial as they get (figuratively) placed over the clothes you currently have equipped and let you keep the stats gained from them.